You could win a trip to the
Olympic Games Paris 2024
courtesy of Visa
Thanks to Visa, every time you use your Alliant Visa® debit card to make an eligible non-PIN transaction between February 1 and March 31, 2024, you'll be entered for a chance to win this experience of a lifetime.
NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
Imagine! Thanks to Visa, an Alliant Credit Union member like yourself could win a trip to the Olympic Games Paris 2024, including tickets to the Closing Ceremony!
This prize package includes:
- 5 days/4 nights in Paris, France
- Roundtrip airfare and 4-star hotel accommodations for two (double occupancy)
- Tickets to three pre-selected events, including the Closing Ceremony
- Paris Tourist Pass
- €400 (loaded on Visa Prepaid card(s))
- Exclusive gifts and amenities worth $400
Get a bonus entry for Visa contactless purchases
Each time you make an eligible, non-PIN contactless transaction with your Alliant Visa debit card, you receive 1 bonus entry for an additional chance to win.
Tap to pay with your Visa debit card where you see the Contactless Symbol
Use your Visa debit card via your mobile wallet and tap to pay with your phone
Frequently Asked Questions
Entering the Sweepstakes
How do I enter for a chance to win?
An eligible Alliant Visa debit cardholder will automatically receive one (1) entry for each eligible non-PIN Visa purchase made with an Alliant Visa debit card during the promotion period. Purchase must be made at a merchant location in the 50 states or D.C. or Puerto Rico and processed through Visa’s transaction-processing system, as more fully described in the Official Rules.
What are non-PIN transactions?
Non-PIN transactions are any purchases made with your debit card where you don’t enter your four-digit personal identification number (PIN). When you pay at a keypad, you can normally bypass entering your PIN by swiping, inserting or tapping your card, then press CANCEL. If you’re not sure, you can tell the cashier you’d like to sign for your purchase. For purchases below $25 (or $50 at grocery stores), you can pay at a keypad without signing or entering your PIN. Debit transactions for which you DO enter your PIN do not earn an entry or contactless bonus entry.
Are online purchases considered non-PIN purchases?
Yes. Eligible purchases made online, or by phone or mail, do not require you to enter your PIN and earn an entry in the sweepstakes.
Are there any transactions that are not eligible for automatic entry?
Yes, Account adjustment transactions/returns, cash advances, balance transfers, non-U.S.-dollar purchases, Interlink®-processed transactions, purchases authorized by entering a PIN (personal identification number), payment of late fees or over-limit fees, and Visa health and benefit cards are excluded from automatic entry. Other restrictions and exclusions may apply.
How can I earn bonus entries?
You can earn a bonus entry each time you use your Alliant Visa Debit card to make an eligible contactless purchase at a keypad where you see the Contactless Symbol and do not enter your PIN. This also includes eligible contactless purchases made when using your Alliant Visa Debit card with your mobile wallet. See how to add your card to your mobile wallet.
Do I need to use my Alliant Visa debit card to enter for a chance to win?
No. A member does not need to use their Alliant Visa debit card to enter or win. As part of the sweepstakes rules, we offer an Alternate Method of Entry (AMOE). If a member does not want to participate by using their Alliant Visa debit card, the option would be to enter via the AMOE (Mail-In Method), as more fully described in the Official Rules.
Can someone under 18 enter the sweepstakes?
No. This sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the 50 U.S./D.C. & P.R. (“Eligibility Area”) who are 18 years of age or older (or the age of legal majority in their place of residence, whichever is older) as of February 1, 2024. The Sweepstakes if void outside the Eligibility Area and where prohibited.
Details about the Sweepstakes
What dates will the sweepstakes run?
The promotion period for the Olympic Games Paris 2024 Visa Sweepstakes for Alliant Credit Union begins on February 1, 2024, at 12:00:00 AM Pacific Time (PT) and ends on March 31, 2024, at 11:59:59 PM PT. There will be one (1) Grand Prize winner selected in a random drawing at the end of the promotion period from among all eligible entries received.
What are the odds of winning?
Estimated odds are stated in the Official Rules. The actual odds of winning will be dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received during the promotion period.
What is the Grand Prize?
The Grand Prize is a 5-day/4-night trip for two (2) people (winner and one (1) guest) to attend the Closing Ceremony of the Olympic Games Paris 2024 in Paris, France, as more fully described in the Official Rules.
What are the dates of the Grand Prize package?
The full trip package is from August 9 through August 13, 2024. The itinerary includes:
Aug. 9 – Arrive in Paris
Aug. 10 – Olympic event (TBD)
Aug. 11 – Olympic event (TBD)
Aug. 12 – Closing Ceremony
Aug. 13 – Return to gateway airport nearest winner’s home
At what hotel will the winner be staying?
The winner and guest of the Olympic Games Paris 2024 Visa Sweepstakes for Alliant Credit Union will enjoy 5 days and 4 nights at The Hoxton Paris, courtesy of Visa. This grand 18th century, 4-star residence is immersed in Parisian flair and located in the heart of Paris near open-air markets, busy bistros and iconic landmarks. A valid major international credit card is required at hotel check-in to cover any incidental charges.
What events will the winner see?
Thanks to Visa, the winner will receive two tickets for two pre-selected events (currently unnamed), as well as the traditional Closing Ceremony, which will take place in the spectacular Stade de France in Paris, the largest stadium in the country.
Are meals included in the prize package?
Daily breakfast and light snacks are provided at the hotel. In addition, the winner will receive a €400 Euro Visa Prepaid Product they can use as they please, including dining.
What is the Paris Tourist Pass?
The Paris Tourist Pass is a sightseeing card that gives visitors free entry into a wide range of tourist attractions, as well as access to the city’s iconic hop-on, hop-off sightseeing bus tours.
How can I find out who won the sweepstakes?
After May 15, 2024, the name of the winner can be requested by mailing a self-addressed, stamped envelope by May 31, 2024, to: Olympic Games Paris 2024 Visa Sweepstakes for Alliant Credit Union Winner, c/o Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
Who is the Sponsor of the sweepstakes?
The Sweepstakes is sponsored solely by Visa U.S.A. Inc., P.O. Box 8999, San Francisco, CA 94128-8999.
OLYMPIC GAMES PARIS 2024 VISA® SWEEPSTAKES FOR ALLIANT CREDIT UNION®
1. NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. NON-PURCHASE ENTRIES AND PURCHASE ENTRIES HAVE AN EQUAL CHANCE OF WINNING.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Olympic Games Paris 2024 Visa Sweepstakes for Alliant Credit Union (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (“U.S.”), the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico (collectively, the “Eligibility Area”) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older (or the age of legal majority in their place of residence, whichever is older) as of February 1, 2024 (“Entrant”). Void outside the Eligibility Area and where prohibited. Employees of the International Olympic Committee (“IOC”), the International Paralympic Committee (“IPC”), the Paris 2024 Organizing Committee (“OCOG”), the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (“USOPC”), all participating National Olympic Committees and their individual athletes, and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and employees (collectively, the ”Olympic Entities”), Visa U.S.A. Inc. (“Sponsor” or “Visa”), Visa Inc., Visa International Service Association, Alliant Credit Union (“Alliant”), and their respective parents, successors, affiliates, subsidiaries, trustees, and other client financial institutions, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotion agencies, Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”), and each of their respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders and employees (collectively, the “Releasees”) and each of their immediate family members (spouse or partner, parents, siblings, and children, regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the same households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, are not eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. The Sweepstakes is governed by U.S. law. In the event of any discrepancy between these Official Rules and any other communication regarding the Sweepstakes, these Official Rules shall govern and control.
3. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING/DESCRIPTION: Begins February 1, 2024, at 12:00:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”), and ends March 31, 2024, at 11:59:59 PM PT (“Promotion Period”). There will be one (1) Grand Prize winner (the “winner”) selected in a random drawing at the end of the Promotion Period from among all eligible entries received.
4. TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter:
1) AUTOMATIC ENTRY: An eligible Alliant Visa debit cardholder will automatically receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry for each eligible Visa purchase made with his/her/their Alliant Visa debit card during the Promotion Period at a merchant location in the Eligibility Area and processed through Visa’s transaction-processing system. BONUS ENTRY: During the Promotion Period an eligible Alliant Visa debit cardholder who entered the Sweepstakes through the automatic entry method described above can earn one (1) bonus Sweepstakes entry for each eligible contactless Visa purchase made using his/her/their contactless Alliant Visa debit card or using his/her/their Alliant Visa debit card with a payment-enabled mobile or wearable device during the Promotion Period at a participating merchant location in the Eligibility Area. Only eligible Visa purchases or payments made (a) with an Alliant Visa debit card that is not in default under the customer agreement for that account and issued by Alliant Credit Union in the Eligibility Area and (b) processed through Visa’s transaction-processing system during the Promotion Period, are eligible for automatic entry. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted a particular automatic entry or an entry based on an eligible Visa purchase completed by an authorized user on an Alliant Visa debit card, such entry will be deemed to be submitted by the primary cardholder in whose account the card used to enter the Sweepstakes was issued. Account adjustment transactions/returns, cash advances, balance transfers, non-U.S.-dollar purchases, Interlink®-processed transactions, purchases authorized by entering a PIN (personal identification number), and payment of interest, late fees or over-limit fees are excluded from automatic entry. Other restrictions and exclusions may apply. Alliant Visa debit card or card numbers that are stolen, fraudulent, tampered with, or otherwise altered are not eligible for automatic entry. Automatic entries must be made by 11:59:59 PM PT on March 31, 2024, in order to be eligible for the random drawing.
2) TO ENTER BY MAIL WITHOUT PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION: Hand-print your complete name, street address, city, state, ZIP code, and daytime and evening telephone numbers (including area code), and valid email address, on a plain piece of 3” x 5” paper, and mail it in a business-size (#10) envelope with sufficient postage affixed, to: Olympic Games Paris 2024 Visa Sweepstakes for Alliant Credit Union, P.O. Box 7771, Melville, NY 11775-7771. Mailed entries must be postmarked between February 1, 2024, and April 1, 2024, and received by April 8, 2024, in order to be included in the random drawing. Enter as often as you wish; however, each mailed entry will count as two (2) entries into the random drawing and must be mailed in a separate, postmarked-and-stamped envelope. Mailed entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, postage due, late or inaccurate and mailed entries which subvert the entry process are void. Mailed entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Incomplete mailed entries or mailed entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery.
Hereinafter, automatic entries and mailed entries, collectively “entries”.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNER/WINNER NOTIFICATION: One (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected on or about April 22, 2024, from among all eligible entries received. Random drawing will be conducted under the supervision of Administrator, an independent judging organization. Administrator’s and Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winner will be notified by telephone and/or email to the phone number and/or email address associated with their Alliant Visa debit card or included with their mailed entry, within five (5) business days of random drawing date and potential winner will be required to verify their eligibility by digitally completing and securely signing a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver, and a publicity release (where permitted by law) (collectively, the “Declaration”) and submit the Declaration electronically within forty-eight (48) hours of notification. The potential winner will be required to verify eligibility and confirm mailing or email address for purposes of prize fulfillment within forty-eight (48) hours of receipt of request. Non-compliance within this time period or return of the prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, it is determined that: any entry has not complied with these Official Rules, Sponsor is unable to contact the potential winner within a reasonable time period, the potential winner has failed to properly execute and return the Declaration within the specified time period, has made false statements, or notification is returned as undeliverable, then such entry will be disqualified. If any Entrant is disqualified for any reason, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate potential winner may be selected and/or issued the prize. Should the potential winner decide to decline the prize for any reason whatsoever, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the potential winner, and an alternate potential winner will be selected.
6. ODDS: The estimated odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1 in 5,000,132; however, the actual odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
7. PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): One (1) Grand Prize: One (1) 5-day/4-night trip departing on August 9, 2024, and returning on August 13, 2024, for two (2) people (winner and one (1) guest) to attend the Closing Ceremony of the Olympic Games Paris 2024 in Paris, France. Prize includes two (2) tickets to the Closing Ceremony of the Olympic Games Paris 2024 and two (2) tickets to attend two (2) Sponsor-specified Olympic events (collectively, “Events”), round-trip economy class air transportation for up to two (2) people from a major gateway airport nearest the winner’s home to Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, transportation to/from airport and hotel and all scheduled activities and Events, a 4-night stay including breakfast daily (one (1) standard room, double occupancy) at a hotel designated by Sponsor in Paris, France, Visa prepaid products equivalent to an ARV of $430 USD (currency loaded will be $400 Euros), and one (1) Olympic-themed gift (for winner only) (collectively, the “Grand Prize Trip”). In addition to the aforementioned prize, $12,000 USD cash (for winner only) will be awarded in the form of a check to winner that can be used toward the payment of income taxes associated with the prize. ARV of Grand Prize: $36,500 USD. Actual value of Grand Prize Trip depends upon the winner’s point of departure and existing rates at time of travel, and any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded. Separate terms and conditions apply to the Visa prepaid products. Prize is subject to change. If any portion of the prize is unavailable for any reason, including but not limited to, cancellation; delays; a public health crisis; or any federal, state/provincial and/or local government regulations, orders, guidelines or protocols, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize or portion thereof with one of equal or greater value, and no other additional compensation or substitution will be provided, except as otherwise provided herein.
Grand Prize Trip Restrictions
If the winner is unable to travel on dates designated by Sponsor for any reason, including not being able to comply with any public or private travel restrictions, winner forfeits his/her/their rights to the Grand Prize and no compensation will be awarded. Guest of winner must be of legal age of majority in his/her/their jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18) unless a child or legal ward of winner. Guest must execute a release of liability (the “Guest Release”) prior to travel unless a minor then winner (or parent/legal guardian accompanying minor) will be required to execute and return the Guest Release on behalf of such child or legal ward. Winner and his/her/their guest must travel on the same itinerary. A valid major international credit card is required at hotel check-in to cover any incidental charges. Grand Prize Trip is subject to Olympic Games Paris 2024 scheduling, airline/flight times and hotel availability and other conditions and restrictions including public health restrictions. Airline/flight times to be selected by Sponsor at its sole discretion; one or more stopovers may be required. Once Grand Prize Trip has been booked, no change, extension or substitution of Grand Prize Trip dates is permitted except by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for any fees or additional charges resulting from any changes to itinerary or accommodations made by the winner and/or his/her/their guest. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or similar items once they are in winner’s possession or in the possession of his/her/their guest. Releasees shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions, substitutions, or any acts or omissions whatsoever by the air carrier(s), hotel, or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers, including any results thereof, such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Prize conditions may be added or modified by companies providing those portions of the prize. The prize restrictions/conditions d herein are not all-inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions at time of travel, which may be stated in the Declaration and Guest Release and/or prize travel documents. The winner and guest are solely responsible for complying with all travel requirements and restrictions, and for obtaining all necessary travel documents (i.e., REAL ID, passport valid for at least six (6) months after travel is completed, ETIAS travel authorization, and/or other TSA-approved ID; visit www.tsa.gov for a list of TSA-approved IDs) as well as travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance), that they may wish to obtain for the Grand Prize Trip (at their own expense) and hereby acknowledge that the Releasees have not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance for the Grand Prize Trip. Seat locations for all Events will be determined by Sponsor. Winner and guest must arrive at the designated gateway airport in time for the flight. Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer thereon. If any portion of the Grand Prize Trip after booking is unable to take place as planned for any reason, including but not limited to, cancellation, scheduling conflicts, lockout, labor dispute, strike, inclement weather, a pandemic, a public health emergency, or any other event of Force Majeure, the remaining components of the prize will be awarded (and Sponsor’s obligation to the winner will be fulfilled). All travel is subject to any and all current advisories, restrictions or requirements instituted by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (or the Puerto Rico Health Department if a resident of Puerto Rico) and/or the U.S. Centers of Disease Control and Prevention, as required at time of travel, which may include passing one (1) or more COVID-19 antigen or PCR screening tests and testing negative for COVID-19 or having been vaccinated against COVID-19 (with an FDA or WHO-approved vaccine, if age-eligible) and executing any assumption of risk or other documents relating to COVID-19. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct sanctions screenings and background checks of any and all social and public records of winner and guest, including without limitation civil and criminal court records and police reports, and entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s permission for Sponsor to conduct such sanctions screenings and background checks, provided that to the extent additional authorization is necessary under law, potential winner and guest shall be required to authorize such checks. Sponsor reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify the potential winner based on the results of the sanctions screenings and background checks or failure to properly authorize such checks. Winner and guest must comply with all venue, stadium, and Event rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of such portion(s) of prize. Sponsor reserves the right to remove or deny entry to winner and any guest who engage in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at any Event or other scheduled activities. Tickets to the Olympic Games Paris 2024 must be accepted as awarded and are subject to all of the applicable terms and conditions prescribed to such tickets from time to time by the Olympic Entities. Such terms and conditions are contained in the Ticket License Agreement (which can be reviewed at https://tickets.paris2024.org/ticket/rule) and include prohibitions against any use of a ticket in connection with any commercial promotion or contest (without the consent of the Olympic Entities) and the sale of the Grand Prize, or any components therein, including tickets, is prohibited. By accepting tickets as a prize and/or as part of a promotion, the holder is deemed to have accepted all of the applicable terms and conditions.
8. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By entering, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding. By accepting the prize, winner consents to the use of his/her/their name, image, likeness, photograph, voice, and biographical material for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes by Releasees, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, including but not limited to, any online announcements, worldwide in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, or permission, except where prohibited by law. Entrants release and hold harmless Releasees from any claims, actions, injury, loss, or damage of any kind, including but not limited to, personal injury or death, resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participating in this Sweepstakes or from the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of the prize (including any travel/Event/activity related thereto). This limitation of liability is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, income or profit; loss or damage to property; and claims of third parties. Entrants agree that Releasees have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, statutory, express or implied (including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, title, and fitness for a particular purpose), in fact or in law, relative to the Sweepstakes.
Winner fully understands that (a) the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and any resulting disease (together with any mutation, adaptation or variation thereof, “COVID-19”) is extremely contagious and there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any place where people are or have been present, including without limitation the Olympic Games Paris 2024; (b) no precautions, including the protocols that will be implemented from time to time by the Olympic Entities and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (or the Puerto Rico Health Department if a resident of Puerto Rico) (collectively, the “Protocols”) can eliminate the risk of exposure to COVID-19; (c) while people of all ages and health conditions have been adversely affected by COVID-19, certain people have been identified by public health authorities as having greater risk based on age and/or underlying medical conditions; and (d) exposure to COVID-19 can result in being subject to quarantine requirements, illness, disability, other short-term and long-term health effects, and/or death, regardless of age or health condition.
9. GENERAL: Sponsor will collect information from the Entrants solely for the purpose of the prize drawing and to notify the winner. Sponsor will not share this information with any third party (except as necessary for the administration of the Sweepstakes), nor attempt to contact Entrant, unless Entrant has agreed to receive further information on Sponsor’s products and promotions. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, inaccurate, incomplete, undelivered, damaged, delayed, garbled, postage-due, or stolen mail, entries, and transactions; for transactions that are lost, misdirected, or fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly; or for any other errors or problems of any kind, whether typographical, printing, mechanical, human, electronic, or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, any error or problem that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of this Sweepstakes at any time without notice and for any reason including but not limited to, if in the Administrator’s opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes; if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or integrity and proper play of the Sweepstakes; a public health crisis; or any government regulations, orders, or Protocols affect the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor may terminate the Sweepstakes entirely or void any entries it suspects do not comply with the Official Rules and, at its discretion, if terminated, award the prize in a random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation. Caution: Any attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek any and all remedies available from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Entrants who violate these Official Rules or interfere with this Sweepstakes in any manner.
10. TAXES: The value of the prize will be taxable to the winner as income. Sponsor will issue winner an IRS FORM 1099-MISC for the value of the prize. All federal, state, and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the responsibility of the winner. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes.
11. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues/questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be addressed with the Administrator and shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Jurisdiction and venue shall be solely within the State of California.
12. FORCE MAJEURE: In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding the prize or continuing with this Sweepstakes as contemplated herein, due to any event beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute, lockout, or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state/provincial, or local government law, order, regulation, or Protocol, public health crisis (e.g., Coronavirus), order of any court or jurisdiction, Event cancellation, scheduling conflict, inclement weather, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate this Sweepstakes. If this Sweepstakes is terminated before the end of the Promotion Period, Sponsor will (if possible) select the potential winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each Entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. If any portion of prize or any Event or other scheduled activity is unable to take place as planned for any reason, including due to a Force Majeure event, the remaining components of the prize will be awarded and Sponsor’s obligation to the winner will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation or substitution will be provided.
13. ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees that (i) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the Entrant; (ii) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (iii) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than Entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. NAME OF WINNER: For the name of the winner, available after May 15, 2024, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope by May 31, 2024, to: Olympic Games Paris 2024 Visa Sweepstakes for Alliant Credit Union Winner, c/o Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
15. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: Sponsor: Visa U.S.A. Inc., P.O. Box 8999, San Francisco, CA 94128-8999. Administrator: Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747. Entrants should contact the Administrator at dja.com/contact-us with any questions, comments, or problems related to the Sweepstakes.
16. OLYMPIC ENTITIES: The Olympic Entities shall have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded. The Olympic Entities have not offered or sponsored this Sweepstakes in any way.
CONSUMER DISCLOSURE: NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. No Entrant has yet won. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize: One (1) 5-day/4-night trip departing on 8/9/24 and returning on 8/13/24 for two (2) people (winner and one (1) guest) to attend the Closing Ceremony of the Olympic Games Paris 2024 in Paris, France. Prize includes two (2) tickets to the Closing Ceremony of the Olympic Games Paris 2024 and two (2) tickets to attend two (2) Sponsor-specified Olympic events (collectively, “Events”), round-trip economy class air transportation for up to two (2) people from a major gateway airport nearest the winner’s home to Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, transportation to/from airport and hotel and all scheduled activities and Events, a 4-night stay including breakfast daily (one (1) standard room, double occupancy) at a hotel designated by Sponsor in Paris, France, Visa prepaid products equivalent to an ARV of $430 USD (currency loaded will be $400 Euros), and one (1) Olympic-themed gift (for winner only) (collectively, the “Grand Prize Trip”). In addition to the aforementioned prize, $12,000 USD cash (for winner only) will be awarded in the form of a check to winner that can be used toward the payment of income taxes associated with the prize. ARV of Grand Prize: $36,500 USD. Actual value of Grand Prize Trip depends upon the winner’s point of departure, existing rates at time of travel, and any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value if any, will not be awarded. Automatic entries must be made by 11:59:59 PM PT on 3/31/24 in order to be eligible. Mailed entries must be postmarked between 2/1/24 and 4/1/24, and received by 4/8/24. ODDS: The estimated odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1 in 5,000,132; however, the actual odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. Sweepstakes ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on 3/31/24. See Official Rules above for complete details, including prize restrictions. Sponsored solely by Visa U.S.A. Inc., P.O. Box 8999, San Francisco, CA 94128-8999.