The Ultimate Opportunity for you
Here’s how to get started on your Ultimate Opportunity Savings journey
Apply for an account bonus
This is the easiest and quickest part! Once you’re approved for The Ultimate Opportunity Savings Account, you’ll be ready to deposit your money and join the thousands of savvy savers.
Make saving easy
Deposit at least $100 a month for 12 consecutive months.¹ Not only will you earn the current interest rate of 3.10% APY², but after those 12 consecutive months, you’ll also get a $100 bonus!
Receive your bonus
Once you’ve made your 12 consecutive monthly deposits—and have a balance of $1,200 or more—we’ll automatically deposit a $100 bonus into your account!¹ Way to go!
Say yes to
a savings rate 14x the bank national average⁵, plus
account access with online banking or mobile app
fee-free ATMs nationwide⁴
in overdraft or monthly fees if you elect eStatements³
Learn why savers choose Alliant
Alliant is one of the top 10 largest credit unions in the U.S. We’re fully online and not-for-profit, a combo that allows us to reward our members with high savings rates, low loan rates and fewer fees. We’ve teamed up with Suze to create the perfect savings partnership: We offer you the rewarding rates and benefits of Alliant membership, while Suze helps you stay on track to becoming your savviest self.
"Best Credit Unions"
"Best Credit Union"
"Best Credit Union"
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I eligible for Alliant membership?
Almost anyone can become an Alliant member! You can be eligible for membership through your employer, by where you live, or by becoming an Alliant Credit Union Foundation digital inclusion advocate. (We even make the $5 Foundation contribution for you.)
How do I get my bonus deposit?
The $100 bonus is automatically deposited into The Ultimate Opportunity Savings Account after you’ve successfully made a monthly deposit of $100 or more for 12 consecutive months. To qualify for the bonus, you must keep a minimum average daily balance of $100 in your savings account, and have $1,200 (or more) in your account at the end of the 12-month period.1 Please note, this is a one-time bonus, available only to new Alliant members.
How do I make deposits into The Ultimate Opportunity Savings Account?
We’ve made this super easy! Set up one-time or recurring transfers in online banking, deposit checks via mobile deposit in Alliant’s award-winning mobile banking app, or even set up a direct deposit from your paycheck!
Are my account funds insured to protect me from loss?
Alliant deposit accounts are federally insured up to $250,000 by the NCUA. To learn the details of funds coverage, visit the NCUA page on the Alliant website.
Are existing Alliant members eligible for The Ultimate Opportunity?
Because of this unique offer, only new Alliant members are eligible to open this special savings account.
What if I finish my application and receive a “pending” status?
Have no fear. One of our member care representatives will reach out via phone call or email within 3-4 business days to gather any additional information needed.
1. Alliant Credit Union and Suze Orman’s The Ultimate Opportunity Savings Account Terms and Conditions
This promotion is for new Alliant Credit Union members only. Alliant members can only receive this payout bonus one time.
New Alliant Credit Union members can earn a $100 bonus deposit by joining Alliant through Suze Orman’s The Ultimate Opportunity Savings Account promotion and meeting the following requirements. Offer valid for one new Alliant Credit Union savings account (“account”) opened from January 10, 2021, through December 31, 2024; funded by transfers and/or deposits totaling $100 or more each month for 12 consecutive months; and opened by applying online from this page or by phone at 800-328-1935 and mentioning “Suze Orman’s The Ultimate Opportunity Savings Account promotion.” Existing Alliant members, customers who are a joint owner on an Alliant savings account, and former Alliant members who closed an Alliant savings account within 180 days of applying for the new account are not eligible. The first $100 must be transferred and/or deposited within 30 days of account opening, and each calendar month after the first $100 transfer/deposit, funds need to post to the account by the last day of the month. Account must remain open and in good standing, maintain an average daily minimum balance of $100, and the balance at the end of the 12-calendar-month period must be $1,200 or more in order to receive the $100 bonus deposit. Accounts will be reviewed 12 months from the date of the first transfer/deposit to determine eligibility. If all requirements have been met after 12 months, please allow 4 weeks for the $100 bonus deposit to post to your account. You will be responsible for any tax liability. Offer is not transferable and not valid for trusts, UTMAs, IRAs or other tax-exempt accounts. Limit one offer per new Alliant member. All account applications are subject to approval. You must apply for the account by 11:59 p.m. CT on December 31, 2024, to be eligible. Must be 18 or older at time of account opening and a legal U.S. Resident or U.S. Person (including a U.S. Resident Alien) to be eligible. Alliant employees are not eligible for this promotion. This promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and governed by Illinois law. Promotion is sponsored by Alliant Credit Union, 11545 W. Touhy Ave., Chicago, IL 60666.
2. The savings dividend provides an Annual Percentage Yield (APY) of 3.10%. The APY is accurate as of the 2/22/2024 dividend declaration date. Dividends are paid on the last day of the month to accountholders who have maintained an average daily balance of $100 or more. Savings dividend may change after account is opened and is subject to change at any time. Dividend applies to Savings, Supplemental Savings, Kids Savings Accounts, UTMA Custodial Accounts, Trust Accounts, IRA. Fees may reduce earnings on the account.
3. Overdraft Protection is optional. You must opt in to benefit from this free service. Alliant's Overdraft Protection Program honors your overdrafts on your checking account when you don’t have enough money in your Alliant Checking Account to cover a transaction, provided you have enough money in your Alliant Savings or Supplemental Savings Account. To do so, we automatically transfer funds from your Alliant Savings or Supplemental Savings Account to your Alliant Checking Account to cover your overdrafts. Overdraft Protection does not cover ATM transactions. Courtesy Pay is a discretionary "courtesy" overdraft service. There is no fee to enroll in or use the Courtesy Pay service. To be eligible for Courtesy Pay, members must be in good standing and have an Alliant Checking Account that has been open for at least six months. Other eligibility factors are risk-based and determined by Alliant using internal and confidential information, including your account history. To qualify to use Courtesy Pay, eligible members must have qualifying deposits totaling at least $600 into their Alliant Checking Account in the previous 30 days. Standard Courtesy Pay may pay checks and ACH electronic items that would not have cleared otherwise due to insufficient funds, up to an approved limit. The full amount of the overdraft balance will be due immediately but in no event more than 30 days from the date of the occurrence at which time Courtesy Pay privileges will be suspended and possibly terminated. If you opt in for extended coverage, Courtesy Pay may also cover everyday debit transactions on your Alliant Visa debit card that would not have cleared otherwise due to insufficient funds, up to an approved limit. See the Alliant Account Agreement and Disclosures and the Courtesy Pay Disclosure for details and the Fee Schedule for a list of fees. Courtesy Pay does not cover ATM transactions.
4. Transactions performed at other ATMs may be subject to the ATM owner’s surcharge fee. Please see the online ATM Locator at www.alliantcreditunion.com or our mobile banking app for a list of ATMs that accept deposits or are surcharge-free. Not all ATMs accept deposits.
5. APY= Annual Percentage Yield. Comparison based on Alliant Credit Union 3.10% APY as of the 2/22/2024 dividend declaration date vs. the bank national average savings rate of .22% APY as of 11/1/2023 sourced from National Association of Federal Credit Unions in cooperation with SNL Financial and Datatrac Corp.
©2017-2024 and TM, NerdWallet, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
CNBC — Logo courtesy of CNBC